Try out five exciting twists on hummus from Greta Podleski’s new cookbook Yum & Yummer.
- Mash 1 medium, ripe avocado with 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice.
- Add 1 cup plain hummus, ¼ tsp each ground cumin and chili powder, plus a pinch of cayenne pepper (optional).
- Garnish with cilantro.
Pumpkin with Maple & Cumin
- Combine 1½ cups plain hummus with ½ cup canned pure pumpkin, 2 tsp pure maple syrup and 1/8 tsp ground cumin.
- Drizzle with pumpkin-seed oil and top with toasted pumpkin seeds and a dash of smoked paprika before serving.
Roasted Golden Beet Hummus with Curry
- In the bowl of a small food processor, whirl together 1½ cups plain hummus with 1 cup diced, roasted golden beets, ¼ tsp ground cumin and 1/8 tsp curry powder.
- Combine 1½ cups plain hummus with 1 tbsp minced fresh dill and 1 tsp grated lemon zest.
- Combine 1½ cups plain hummus with 3 tbsp sun-dried tomato pesto.
- Taste and add more pesto if desired.
- Drizzle lightly with good olive oil before serving.
Join the conversation