- 15 – 36” lengths of brass tubing 1/8” thick
- 1 spool of brass floral wire
- Light kit
- Pipe Cutter
- Wire Cutter
- Cut your brass tubing into assorted lengths. I cut a variety of them in lengths of 12”, 18” and 24”. But make sure to keep a few of them at full. You will need these later to cut to custom sizes to finish any empty gaps.
- Cut a length of brass floral wire (arms length or so). You will then string together three assorted lengths of piping. Twisting the wire together at the end. Leaving a longer tail. This will create your initial triangle shape.
- Now add two more assorted lengths of brass tubing to your initial triangle by threading it onto the length of wire you have left. Slide the first piece all the way down so the tail goes inside the pipe. Now tie back to the original triangle – creating a second triangle.
- Now take a new piece of wire and tie it in at any of the elbow joints between the pieces. Leaving a long tail that will tuck into the pipe. Add two more pieces of pipe creating yet another triangle.
- Continue on adding as many triangles to the original shape until you are happy with the overall shape. You will find the frame becomes more solid as you add more pipes.
- Trim and tuck any excess wire.
- Remember each one will be unique in shape so you can’t go wrong.
- Use a light kit to hang from the ceiling.
Join the conversation