Your clothes don’t need to be hidden away in a closet! Display your pieces on this minimalist leaning wardrobe that even has a little cubby for your favourite shoes or handbag.
- 2 – 2×2 fancy pine lumber – 8 feet long (vertical supports)
- 1 – 2×2 fancy pine lumber – 3 feet long (cross bar)
- 2 – 1” thick wooden dowel – 39” long (hang bar)
- 1 – IKEA EKET box in any colour
- 4 – 3” long wood screws
- 5 – 2” long wood screws
- Carpenters Glue
- Electric Drill
- 15/16 hole drill bit
- Tape Measuring
- Hand Saw
- Build the IKEA EKET box following the instructions provided by IKEA.
- Drill a 15/16 hole 30” from the top of each of the 8 foot lengths
- Drill a second hole 20” from the top of each of the 8-foot lengths.
- Attach the 2×2 cross bar 12” up from the bottom of the two 8-foot lengths with the 3” screws (2 screws at each end).
- Slide the wooden dowel through the holes 20” from the top of the two 8-foot lengths. Note this will be snug.
- Slide the second wooden dowel through the holes 30” from the top of the two 8-foot lengths. Note this can be glued with wood glue to ensure a stronger frame.
- Lean the frame against the wall.
- Rest the EKET box on the bottom cross bar snug up to one side of the wardrobe. Make sure it balances on its own.
- Screw in three screws into the bottom of the box to attach it to the bottom cross bar.
- Screw in two 2” screws into the side of the wardrobe – attaching it to one of the vertical 2×2 supports.
All that is left to do is hang your clothes!
Join the conversation