- 5 cups (1 1/4L) vegetable broth
- 2 cups (480 mL) water
- 2 cups uncooked bulgar wheat
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh mint
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) honey
- 1 lemon zest and juice
- 1 yellow onion finely diced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) tomato paste
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) red wine vinegar
- 1 cup finely diced cucumber
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley finely chopped
- 8 cherry tomatoes thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring broth and water to a boil in a medium pot. Add bulgur wheat and cook until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Strain bulgur from the pot reserving the liquid, transfer to a medium bowl, and return liquid to pot.
- Place the mint, olive oil and honey into the bowl of bulgur, season generously with salt and pepper and stir to combine. Set aside for now.
- Add the next 4 ingredients to pot, bring to a simmer, reduce to medium heat and let cook, uncovered, for 20 minutes.
- When ready to assemble, evenly distribute parsley, tomato slices and diced cucumber into the base of 4 bowls. Top with a generous scoop of the bulgur mixture. Finish by ladling hot soup around the bulgur.
Join the conversation