- 1 yellow pepper cut in small pieces
- 1 red pepper cut in small pieces
- 1 cup wax beans snipped and cut in 2" pieces
- 1 cup cauliflowers cut in small fleurettes
- 1 cup cipolline peeled
- 1 cup celery heart cut into sticks 2" in length
- 1/2 cup capers
- 5 bay leaves
- 2 cups tomato puree
- 4 oz white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp salt
For Vegetable Agrodolce:
- Preheat a sauté pan add oil and heat well.
- Add Cipolline and sauté until golden.
- Add the tomatoes and capers, salt and pepper, sugar and vinegar.
- Add all the vegetables and simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Remove from the fire and place while still warm in sterilized mason jars.
- Place the lids on them and close but not tight. Then place the mason jars in a pan lined with a cloth and fill with water about 2” high, put a wet cloth and a lid on it.
- Place in a preheated oven at 350F and bake for about half hour.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Tighten the lids and store in a cool dark place until needed. Do not keep over 6 months.
For Tuna Salad:
- Season the fresh tuna with salt and pepper and a little olive oil.
- Sear for a few seconds on each side and allow to cool.
- Then slice into thin slices and prepare the salad.
- Place some lettuce on a plate, mix the giardiniera and the preserved tuna, place a spoonful on the lettuce.
- Garnish with the boiled eggs and the fresh tuna slices. Add the fresh onion, some salt and a good dousing of olive oil.
Join the conversation