- Heat canola oil in a medium pot on medium-high heat.
- Next, Add onions and cook for 10 more minutes, stirring regularly. If onions start to brown, add a splash of water or two to the pan to help slow down the browning process.
- Add-in tomatoes and water and once mixture starts to simmer, reduce to medium heat and let cook, uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients to the pan and continue to cook for 10 minutes. The mixture should reduce to a thick sauce-like consistency.
- Transfer to container, let cool, cover and keep in the fridge to use as desired. Will keep in the fridge for up to two weeks.
- Tips: For a smoother consistency, puree contents of pot once cooled slightly before transferring to container.
Join the conversation