- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Tear off a very long sheet of aluminum foil and place it on a baking sheet. Place the salmon on the foil, skin-side-down, leaving about an inch between each fillet.
- Mash butter with lime zest and juice, garlic and salt. Smear one quarter of the butter mixture over the top of each salmon fillet. Season with pepper.
- Fold and crimp the foil into a loose packet. There should be lots of air in there. Bake 17 to 20 min or until the fish looks completely opaque, and when you press a fillet gently with your finger it springs back. There will be tiny ridges of white protein along the edges of the fish (this is good and means the fish is cooked!).
- Open up the foil and use a thin metal spatula to lift the fillets off the skin, leaving the skin on the foil, and onto plates. Serve with lime wedges and cilantro
Join the conversation