- 3 tbsp canola oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced and set aside
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger freshly grated
- 1 can (28 fl oz.) diced tomatoes no salt added
- 1 can (19 fl oz.) low sodium chickpeas well rinsed and drained
- 1 small cauliflower cut into small pieces to equal 6 cups chopped florets
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 10 sprigs cilantro chopped
- In a small bowl combine all the spices in the Spice Mixture. Set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat; add oil, onion and garlic and sauté until soft. Add in spice mixture and sauté for about 2 minutes, the aroma should hit you on the face. You’ll know it when it happens.
- Stir in canned tomatoes, chickpeas and cauliflower. Bring to a boil, cover then reduce heat to simmer and cook 15-20 minutes, or until cauliflower is cooked through and the beans are soft, add frozen peas stir in and cook until the peas are heated through. Sprinkle with cilantro, stir in and serve.
Protein 7.2 g
Carbohydrates 28.1 g
Fat 9.7 g
Fibre 8.5 g
Sodium 248 mg
Join the conversation