- 2 tbsp (25 mL) unsalted butter
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) ground PC Horseradish Dijon Prepared Mustard
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) PC Creamy Horseradish Sauce
- 1 prime rib roast about 5lb/2.2kg, at room temperature
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) PC 100% Pure Safflower Oil
- 2 shallots finely chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) dry white wine
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) 25% whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 500°F (260°C).
- Rub roast with oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper mix. Place roast, bone side down, inroasting pan. Roast in centre of oven for 15 minutes. Remove from oven. Reduce oven temperatureto 350°F (180°C). Brush roast with 2 tbsp (25 mL) of mustard and return to oven. Roast for 70minutes longer for rare or until meat thermometer registers 135°F (57°C). [For medium, roast 85minutes longer or until meat thermometer registers 155°F (68°C)]. Tent with foil; let stand for20 minutes before serving or until internal temperature rises 5°F (2°C).
- Meanwhile, make sauce: In frying pan, melt butter over medium-high heat; cook shallots until softened but not browned, about 3 minutes. Stir in white wine; cook until wine is reduced by half, about 4 minutes. Stir in whipping cream and remaining mustard; cook until sauce thickens, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in horseradish sauce.
- Discard any juices in roasting pan. Slice roast and serve with sauce.
Join the conversation