1) Remove beets from stems and stems from leaves. Keep separate, wash and pat dry the stems and leaves.
2) In a medium sauce pot, add beets, garlic, ginger and salt and pepper. Top with water and bring to a simmer. Simmer for 50 minutes or until soft throughout.
3) Slice stems on a bias ¼ inch thick.
4) In a small stainless bowl, add vinegar, honey, shallots and orange juice and zest.
5) Toss in stems and add 2 tbsps of simmering beet water. Season with salt and pepper and add olive oil. Let rest for 20 minutes.
6) Remove beets and let cool. Then slice each beet into 8 wedges.
7) Toss wedges with stems, then add mint and leaves. Toss and season with salt and pepper.
8) Divide evenly onto 8 plates and garnish with pistachios and goat cheese.
Join the conversation