- The night before cook quinoa. Rinse quinoa in a fine wire strainer/colander under cold running water to rinse off any bitter resins. Place in a medium pot, add water, bring to the boil, cover, reduce heat to low and simmer for 15-20 minutes, remove from heat, and fluff with a fork and let sit for 10 minutes. After it is cooked, cool, place in a container with a lid and store in the fridge overnight.
- Serving day: Scrub orange and dry. Using a microplane zest the orange. Whisk together the dressing ingredients in a large bowl: the orange zest, orange juice or orange juice concentrate, oil, vinegar, cinnamon, and ginger, if you are using it.
- Toss in quinoa till well coated.
- Rinse blueberries well under cold running water. Let drain. Place on a paper towel to dry. Sort through and remove any stems.
- Wash and spin dry parsley. Blot on a paper towel or clean tea-towel. You don’t want to have wet herbs or the salad will be soggy.
- Chop parsley into small pieces – between a dice and a mince.
- Add parsley, onion, and green olives. Toss well.
- Add blueberries and toss well. Add dried blueberries, if using, toss well and serve.
Join the conversation