This hearty, healthy ragout is a great way to eat lots of fresh spring vegetables.
Black Sea Bass Vegetable Ragout
4 (4 ounce) portions of Black Bass
1 tbsp grape seed oil
1/2 cup asparagus spears
1/2 cup sliced heirloom carrots
1/2 cup cooked fingerling potatoes
1/4 cup green onion batons
1/2 cup sliced black cabbage
1/2 cup mixed mushrooms
5 cups of vegetable stock
1 cup of mixed fresh soft herbs (chervil, chives, flat leaf parsley, dill, mint, basil)
• Warm the vegetable stock in a large pot.
• Add the carrots, asparagus, mushrooms and simmer until cooked through.
• Then add the potatoes, green onions, black cabbage and warm through.
• Lastly, add the herbs and season with salt and pepper
• Using the grape seed oil fry the bass skin side down over high heat. Once crisp turn and continue until the bass is cooked through.
• Divide the vegetables and broth between four bowls. Place the seared bass on top and serve.
Makes 4 portions
Courtesy Jason Parsons www.peller.com/niagara/
Join the conversation