We can’t even believe that this is a salad! This gorgeous dish will look beautiful and fresh on your table this summer.
high quality feta
yellow cherry tomatoes
1 tbsp ginger
1 tbsp Dijon
cracked black pepper
good quality olive oil
1) To grill watermelon: Turn your grill pan to high heat. Dress watermelon with olive oil, kosher salt and cracked black pepper. Then grill watermelon on both sides for 10 seconds.
2) To prepare feta: Cut into a thin rectangle.
3) To make cucumber dressing: Blend or juice one whole small cucumber and pour in to mixing bowl. Finely chop ginger and add to mixing bowl. Then add 1 tablespoon of Dijon into mixing bowl. Squeeze the juice of one lemon and one lime into the mixing bowl. Then slowly add olive oil until dressing is emulsified, finish with freshly chopped mint and kosher salt.
4) To prepare walnuts: Dress walnuts in maple sugar and sprinkle with salt. Then put on non-stick cooking tray and cook at 450F degrees for 8 minutes. Allow to cool and roughly chop.
5) To plate: Place large rectangle of grilled watermelon in center of plate. Then place smaller rectangle of good quality feta on top. Sprinkle some walnuts and yellow cherry tomatoes around the watermelon and feta. Dress the arugula in the cucumber vinaigrette and build up in the center. Then drizzle a little more vinaigrette around the plate, and finish with aged balsamic.
Courtesy Adrian Niman, Bloke & 4th Restaurant http://blokeand4th.com/