For a great dish for summer entertaining, take a look at Chef Massimo’s salad with shrimp and roasted vegetables.
2lb sweet shrimps (Spot prawns preferably), blanched unpeeled
2 cups cantaloupe, sliced thin
1 med. bulb onions, julienne
1 bunch fresh radishes, shaved
1 cucumber, peeled, seeded and sliced thin
1 head Boston lettuce, shredded
1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in circles
3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp tarragon, picked and chopped
1 lemon, zest & juice
1 oz ice wine
Salt & cracked pepper to taste
1 cup ripe yellow tomatoes, purée
Splash of vinegar
2 tbsp olive oil
1) Peel and dice the shrimps, set aside.
2) Mix the cantaloupe with the bulb onions, cucumber and radishes, add the tarragon and season with some salt and a good amount of cracked pepper.
3) Add some lemon juice and the zest, ice wine and cherry tomato, drizzle with some olive oil and add the shrimps then toss to mix the flavors.
4) Place a mound of lettuce in a large bowl and top with the shrimp salad and pour the tomato coulis around it, drizzle more olive oil and hit it with a bit of finishing salt and pepper.
5) To Make the Tomato Coulis, remove the seeds from the tomato and chop coarsely, put in a blender and add some salt, 2 tbsp of olive oil, a splash of vinegar and a dash of water or tomato juice, blend well until completely pureed and strain if necessary, set aside until needed.
Courtesy Massimo Capra, @chefmassimo
Join the conversation