Ending the summer with a bang, Jason Parsons shows us a seared scallop recipe, ideal for using up summer garden peas and mushrooms!
12 large diver scallops
1 tbsp grape seed oil
1 cup fresh garden peas (can sub frozen peas)
¼ cup finely sliced shallots
1 clove garlic crushed
1 cup mixed mushrooms (shiitake, oyster, honey )
½ cup large diced apricot
12 fresh mint leaves
½ cup cooked fingerling potatoes (can substitute mini redskin)
2 tbsp butter
Splash of icewine
1) Heat the grape seed oil in a fry pan over high heat. Dry the scallops, season and sear until golden on both sides (approx. one minute of each side).
2) Once cooked, remove from the pan and set aside.
3) In a sauté pan, melt the butter over medium to high heat. Add the shallots, garlic and sauté for one minute.
4) Add the mushrooms and cooked potatoes, continue for another minute and then add the peas, fresh apricots, fresh mint and icewine.
5) Season and serve with the seared scallops.
Makes 4 portions.
Courtesy Jason Parsons, @chefparsons
Join the conversation