Need help buying the perfect gift this holiday season? We’ve asked some of our guest experts for their top present picks, based on their area of expertise.
Here, Leigh-Ann Allaire Perrault shares five gift ideas for the DIYer in your life:
1. Toolbox with basic tools: Among the items to include: a tape measure, a screwdriver, and a hammer. “Anything that you would need for day-to-day fixer-upper jobs,” Leigh-Ann says.
2. Cordless glue gun: Leigh-Ann recommends finding a cordless model because it gives you the freedom to move around your project without worrying about a cord getting in the way. A glue gun is a must-have for practically any DIY project, so if your DIYer friend or spouse doesn’t have one yet, it’s the perfect gift!
3. Tool belt in a hot hue: You won’t need a tool belt for every job, but on those bigger ones where you’re swapping out tools regularly, it’ll definitely be useful, Leigh-Ann says. Try finding one in a colourful shade, for a fun touch.
4. Paint sprayer: “It makes the job go so much faster,” Leigh-Ann says. There are lots of affordable models on the market.
5. A DIY book: Leigh-Ann’s favourite at the moment? Young House Love, by Sherry and John Petersik. “It’s full of a plethora of incredible DIY ideas that blew my mind,” she says. “They’re a great couple. Definitely a book worth grabbing.”
Join the conversation