Sandi Richard shows us the perfect soup for busy moms, ready in less than 30 minutes!
Chicken tortellini soup
Serves 6, prep time 20 minutes, ready in 25 minutes
- 1 tsp olive oil, extra-virgin
- 1 onion
- 2 celery ribs
- 2 carrots
- 2 cups cooked roaster chicken (from a deli) or use leftover chicken or pork or sauté cut up chicken breast
- 3 1/2 – 4 cups chicken broth, reduced-sodium
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 tsp celery salt
- 1/4 tsp poultry seasoning
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1 tsp garlic and herb seasoning, salt-free
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp hot sauce (optional)
- 1 cup frozen peas (optional)
- salad kit (optional)
- 4 cups cheese tortellini (12 oz or 350 g) (found in deli or dairy section)
- Fill a large stove-top pot with water and bring to a boil for pasta.
- Heat oil in a different large stove-top pot at medium. Sliver onion, adding to pot as you cut. Cut celery and carrots into chunks, adding to pot as you cut.
- Cut chicken into bite size pieces, adding to pot as you cut.
- Add broth, water, spice, Worcestershire sauce and hot sauce to pot. Reduce heat to simmer.
- Add peas to up the veggies, or serve with a salad kit.
- Place pasta in boiling water. Stir and set timer according to package directions, (approx 8 minutes)
- When timer rings for pasta, rinse pasta in colander and let drain.
- When carrots pierce easily with a fork, add tortellini in the bottom of your bowl and ladle hot soup over top.
Courtesy Sandi Richard, Anyone Can Cook Dinner
Join the conversation