This savoury pancake is great for lunch or dinner, and since it’s packed full of vegetables, it’s a complete meal, too!
Chive pancakes with barbecued pork and coleslaw
- 1 cup flour
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup water
- 2 bunches chives, cut into 2-3 inch lengths
- 1 bunch Chinese chives, cut into 2-3 inch lengths
- 12 oz barbecued pork, finely shredded
- 1 cup zucchini, julienned
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- Mix flour, eggs, water and salt together and let sit for about 10 minutes.
- Add the chives, zucchini and pork and mix well. The batter should be a little bit runnier than pancake batter.
- Preheat a non-stick 12” fry pan (or two smaller pans) over medium heat and add vegetable oil.
- Pour batter into pan and spread to a thin layer; this amount should give you about 1 large pancake. Cook for 3-4 minutes until set and golden brown on bottom.Turn over using a spatula, plate or flip it if you are able; cook the other side until golden and serve immediately.
Courtesy Massimo Capra
Join the conversation