With tons of fresh herbs and vegetables, this recipe is perfect for a springtime dinner party.
Spring lamb loin with pea and potato cassoulet
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 cup roughly chopped chervil
- 2 tbsp finely chopped shallots
- 3 cloves finely chopped garlic
- 4 lamb loins
- 1 tbsp grapeseed oil
- 2 cups fresh garden peas
- 2 cups cooked new potatoes
- 1 cup diced cooked ham
- 1 tbsp pommery mustard
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup 35% cream
- Mix the Dijon mustard, half of the chervil, half of the shallots and half of the garlic. Rub this mixture into the lamb and set aside in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Heat the grapeseed oil in a large fry pan over high heat. Sear the lamb for 2 minutes on each side. Season with salt and pepper and leave to rest for 2 minutes.
- At the same time, melt the butter in a sauce pot over medium to high heat. Sauté the remaining shallots and garlic for 30 seconds without browning (no colour).
- Add the ham and potatoes, and warm through.
- Next add the pommery mustard and cream, and bring to a boil.
- Last add the peas, remaining chervil and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve in a large pasta bowl with the rested lamb slice on top.
Makes 4 portions
Courtesy Jason Parsons
Join the conversation