Lower your raised eyebrows and give this rich-tasting, super-creamy “instant” chocolate pudding a try! A popular treat among vegans, this unusual combination of ingredients is becoming more mainstream every day! It contains good fats and lots of fibre from avocados, antioxidants from cocoa powder, and is sweetened naturally with pure maple syrup.
Chocolate avocado pudding
- 2 large ripe avocados (about 2 cups)
- 6 tbsp unsweetened raw cocoa powder
- 5 tbsp pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup to ⅓ cup milk, almond milk or coconut milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Pinch fine sea salt
Place all ingredients into the bowl of a food processor (we use our mini food processor) and whirl until perfectly smooth. You may need to add a bit more liquid if pudding is too thick. Taste and add more maple syrup if desired. Pudding is ready to eat immediately but tastes best cold. (Chilling really makes a difference.)
May be stored for up to 24 hours in refrigerator.
- Add 2 to 3 tbsp peanut butter or almond butter. You might need to add a bit more liquid if the pudding is too thick.
- Add ½ a ripe banana.
- Add a touch of grated orange zest.
- Make up your own variation and tell us about it!
Makes 4 servings
Per serving: 246 calories, 16 g total fat (2.8 g saturated fat), 4 g protein, 30 g carbohydrate, 9.4 g fibre, 0 mg cholesterol, 89 mg sodium
Courtesy Janet and Greta Podleski
Join the conversation