Looking to eliminate flour for Passover or Easter? This easy to make flourless dark chocolate cake satisfies a sweet tooth in a grain-free way!
Flourless Dark Chocolate Cake
6 Tablespoons unsalted butter
1 cup dark chocolate chips
6 eggs (room temperature) and divide yolks from the whites (put whites in a bigger bowl for beating)
1/2 cup raw brown sugar or coconut sugar
1. Preheat oven to 275F.
2. Prepare a springform pan by rubbing butter or coconut oil inside bottom and sides. Set aside.
3. Place chocolate chips and butter in a glass bowl and microwave for 30 second intervals 2-3x, stirring after each interval until fully melted. Set aside to cool slightly.
4. Take egg yolks and beat slightly then add to the cooled chocolate mixture. Mix well and set aside.
5. Beat egg whites in a separate bowl gradually adding the sugar and whip/beat until stiff peaks form.
6. Add 1/4 of the egg whites to the chocolate mixture and stir well then fold in remaining egg white mixture.
7. Pour batter into prepared springform pan and bake for 40-45 min. Allow to cool before removing sides of the pan.
Top with shredded unsweetened coconut or fresh raspberries for a pretty presentation.
Makes 12 servings
Nutrition Analysis: 152 calories, 10g fat, 12g carbohydrates, 11g sugar
Join the conversation