Make your weeknight dinners easier with this make-ahead stir-fry from Mairlyn Smith!
Stir-fry chicken with Asian-style vegetables
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) lower-sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) orange juice
- 3-4 cloves garlic or approx. 1 tsp (5 mL) frozen garlic paste per garlic clove
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) grated fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) liquid honey
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Chinese 5-spice powder
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) red pepper flakes
- 8 skinless boneless chicken thighs
- One- 750 g bag frozen Asian-style vegetables
Whisk together marinade ingredients (all above ingredients except for the chicken and vegetables). Pour into a medium-sized freezer-safe resealable plastic bag.
Chop chicken into bite-sized pieces or into long thin slices. Place in bag and massage the chicken!
Seal bag, date and freeze.
To prepare on serving day: remove the chicken from the freezer the night before and thaw in the fridge until dinner prep time.
Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat, add the chicken in small batches and cook until no longer pink inside. Discard any leftover marinade. Remove the chicken from the pan and place on a clean plate.
Add frozen vegetables and stir-fry according to package directions. Add chicken back to pan when vegetables are cooked. Serve.
Join the conversation