This fish dish is one your entire family can dig into. Try this recipe by Chef Devan Rajkumar!
Roasted rainbow trout
- 1 x 2lb rainbow trout, cleaned
- 1 blood orange, or red naval orange
- 1 medium fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 1 lemon, sliced/seeds removed
- 2 limes, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 red finger chili
- 3 sprigs dill
- 2 sprigs tarragon
- ½ cup fresh pomegranate seeds
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 ½ tsp fresh cracked black pepper
Preheat oven to 400F.
Toss fennel, orange, lemon, lime, chili, garlic, pomegranate, the majority of the fresh herbs (reserve some for garnish), salt and pepper in a shallow 3qt. baking dish.
Lay trout on top, brush with butter and season with salt and pepper inside and out.
Roast trout for 20-22 minutes for medium rare – medium.
Courtesy Devan Rajkumar
Join the conversation