Shoana Jensen shares a quick and simple dish, perfect for when you have guests over.
Penne with shrimp, feta and spring veggies
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 12 oz penne rigate (ridged)
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed, cut into 1-inch lengths
- 1 lb peeled & deveined frozen shrimp, thawed (you may choose to remove the tails as well)
- 8 oz snow peas, trimmed & halved on the diagonal
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup crumbled feta (about 4 ounces)
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup pasta water (reserved)
In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook penne 5 minutes less than al dente.
Add asparagus; cook 3 minutes.
Add shrimp and snow peas; cook 2 minutes.
Reserve 1/2 cup pasta water; drain pasta mixture, and return to pot.
To pasta mixture, add oil, lemon juice, garlic, and reserved pasta water. Season with salt and pepper, and toss to combine.
Gently mix in feta and basil; adjust to desired consistency with some pasta water as needed. Serve immediately.
Join the conversation