Why buy frozen chicken fingers when they’re so easy to make your own? Sandi Richard shows us a quick, family-friendly recipe.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
Chicken finger ingredients:
- 1 1/2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp light mayonnaise
- 16-20 chicken filets (tenders), boneless, skinless (1 1/2 lbs or 675 g) or cut chicken breasts into strips
- 1 cup corn flake crumbs
- 1 tsp all-purpose seasoning, salt-free
- 1/2-1 tsp fresh ground pepper (If you like spicy chicken fingers you can use blackened cajun spice instead of pepper.)
- Parchment paper
Veggies & dip ingredients:
- 1/4 cup light sour cream
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp garlic & herb seasoning, salt-free
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 12 cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1/4 head cauliflower or broccoli
- 1/2 English cucumber
Preheat oven to 500° F.
Combine sour cream, mayonnaise and seasoning in a small bowl to make veggie dip. Stir together until smooth. Set aside in fridge.
Whisk oil and mayonnaise together in a medium size bowl. Toss chicken filets into bowl and stir to completely coat.
Combine corn flake crumbs and spice on a large sheet of wax or parchment paper. Line a cookie sheet with sides, with parchment paper. Press each piece of chicken into crumbs to completely coat, then arrange on cookie sheet lined with parchment. Place in preheated oven. Set timer for 12 minutes.
Rinse baby carrots and tomatoes. Rinse cauliflower and break apart into small florets. Rinse and slice cucumber. Arrange veggies on plate.
When timer rings, chicken is ready! Our family likes dipping our chicken fingers in plum sauce or honey.
Join the conversation