A cluttered pantry and fridge can get in the way of your weight-loss goals. Follow Dr. Joey Shulman’s simple steps for clearing out your kitchen!
1. Empty all cabinets and your fridge and freezer and wipe them down with wet cloth. If it seems overwhelming to do all at once, pick one section at a time (e.g. containers and mugs, dry goods, fridge, freezer).
2. Prioritize. If you won’t use or eat it, donate or discard. (Be sure to check expiry dates!)
3. Group all relevant items together and become a minimalist. No need to have four of the same cereal in your cupboard
4. Get savvy with your storage containers. Think about what your kids need for lunch, which items would help you get healthier, etc.
5. Chop and dice before you put away. And with the price of produce lately, you don’t want any fruits and vegetables to go to waste!
6. Get a treat box and a spice box. (Watch video for examples.)
7. Keep water handy so you’ll be more likely to meet your two litres per day intake.
8. Check before you buy. Before you head to the grocery store, take a minute or two to look in your fridge and cupboards. Make mental notes for what you have and what you need. Having too much food results in spoilage and unnecessary clutter.
Join the conversation