Chef Massimo Capra shares a steak recipe with green peppercorn sauce that’s perfect for date night.
Tenderloin with green peppercorn sauce
1 lb beef tenderloin, center cut, whole
1/4 cup shallots, minced
2 tbsp green peppercorn, drained
1 oz brandy or more
2 oz beef stock
4 oz 35% cream
2 tbsp butter
1 tbsp vegetable oil
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Season the tenderloin with salt and pepper.
2.Preheat a skillet on high heat, then add the oil and a nugget of butter. Place the tenderloin in the pan and sear until brown. Turn it once and be careful not to burn the butter.
3. Lower the heat, add the shallots and cook until translucent. Add the peppercorns and turn the tenderloin again. Add the brandy and cook for a few seconds, then add the stock and the cream.
4. Once the tenderloin is cooked to your liking, remove from the sauce and rest in a warm place wrapped in foil.
5. Finish the sauce by adding a little more butter and whisking well.
6. Slice the tenderloin and place on a platter. Pour some of the sauce on it, being careful not to cover the meat too much. Garnish with grilled radicchio and pickled sweet onions.
Join the conversation