Make your very own Turkish towel cardigan for those chilly summer nights.
- 1 Turkish Towel (39in X 70in)
- tape measure
- No-sew girls best friend : fabric glue
- The first thing you are going to do, is fold the towel in half. Keep the fringe at the bottom. You are going to measure down from the top, about 12 inches down and put a pin in there. Do the same to the other side. That will become the armholes . Now starting at the bottom, you going to just glue the sides together, up to the pin.
- Once that’s done you are going to measure along the bottom and find the middle. Then you are going to cut right up the centre. OH BIG TIP. only cut one layer. You are cutting the opening of the cardigan, the other layer will be the back.
- Once it is cut open, you can either leave it raw, our finish the edges of that opening. I would suggest to fold it over about 1/2 inch, then fold it again 1/2 inch then glue it. That way you will have a very tidy seam.
- As always, when you are working with fabric glue you can take the finished garment to your dry cleaner, and have them run a straight stitch over all of your seams for extra support. which will cost you next to nothing! …but the glue will hold for sure!
- and that’s a wrap! (haha)
Join the conversation