For many of us, knowing where to begin when it comes to purchasing and safely installing a real Christmas tree can be daunting. While owning a fake tree may seem simpler, nothing quite beats that fresh tree scent and look – but this starts with proper preservation techniques.
Gardening Expert Frank Ferragine is sharing his maintenance and safety tips to keep your real tree looking its absolute best for Santa’s arrival.
- Remove the base off of the bottom of the tree and open up the stem so that the tree accepts water
- Make sure to purchase a tree stand. Stands have a large water capacity
- Frank’s suggestion – only fill your stand with water. No other substances!
- Don’t locate your tree near a heating vent – and if you have no choice, cover the vent
- If all fails and your tree dries out, it must be thrown away immediately.
If you’re still on the market for a real tree – be sure to watch Frank’s guide to picking the perfect one for your home:
Click here for Tracy’s Holiday Countdown launch video and your step-by-step guide to the season.
Join the conversation