While it looks difficult – this 3D wall art is actually easier to make than you think! Here’s how to do it:
You will need:
- Sheets of 8.5”x11” cardstock paper, colours of choice
- Paper cutter or scissors
- Glue gun and glue sticksLarge Poster board
- Large Frame
- Pencil/Ruler (optional)
How to fold the triangle pyramids:
- Cut a sheet of 8.5”x11” cardstock paper to a 5.5” square either using a paper cutter or using scissors (use ruler and pencil to draw 5.5” square).
- Fold the square of paper in half both ways, edge to edge. Score with finger or ruler. Unfold.
- Fold all corners to the center. Score and unfold. Turn the paper over.
- Take a corner of your square and place it on the opposing corner diagonally (like you’re folding a triangle.) Start folding on the diagonal, but stop at the halfway point in the centre of your triangle. Score and Unfold. Turn over.
- Fold on the diagonal crease again, and using two of the straight creases, fold the flap inward.
- Fold the top of the triangular flap downward on a pre-existing crease. Fold the flap over.
- Fold the three remaining flaps into the pyramid.
Repeat steps 1-7 for the desired amount of triangle pyramids. Insert poster sized Bristol board Into picture frame. Arrange the pyramids to your desire and glue down using your glue gun. One complete, hang up your beautiful creations
Join the conversation