Home economist Mairlyn Smith is explaining some of the best ways we can reduce waste in our fridge. With many of us currently spending more time at home, we thought it would be helpful to re-visit these tips to help us make our food go as far as possible:
- Store mushrooms in a brown paper bag, in your fridge (not in the crisper) to make them last longer!
- Put corn chips in a ziplock bag in the freezer to prevent them from going stale
- A frittata is a great way to turn leftovers into a new meal! Adding some dijon mustard can add some extra flavour.
- Wrap your cheese in parchment paper in its original packaging
- Salads and curries are an easy way to use leftover veggies!
*When you open your fridge always think about recipes you can make with what you have before you decide to buy more!
Join the conversation