These tips from Mairlyn Smith will help you in all areas of your kitchen:
- Make your own spreadable butter: 1 cup butter to ¾-1 cup oil add ¼ tsp salt to preserve it.
- Sweet potato fries – Ever try to get all of the sweet potato fries the same size? Use an Apple slicer to score and give you a template so you can cut them all the same for uniform cooking.
- Always have homemade cookies – Freeze cookie dough in rolls, slice when needed – win mom of the year homemade cookies
- Cheese – grate and freeze nubs of cheese, when you have enough make a cheese sauce or sprinkle on veggies…
- A little bit of Mayo left in the jar – add apple cider vinegar for an instant salad dressing
- A little bit of Jam – add soy sauce and shake becomes a cooking sauce for chicken
- Freeze ginger ends- grated for tea or freeze chunks and grate into recipes.
- Make citrus fruits juicier by placing them in the microwave for 15-20 seconds.
- Give bananas a longer life by separating them and wrapping the ends in plastic wrap.
- Remove a strawberry stem by placing a plastic straw through the bottom end (point) of the strawberry and pushing it straight up to remove the leaves.
- Slice herbs with a pizza cutter, bunch them up and wheel it back and forth until desired consistency.
- Place bacon on a rack over parchment and cook it in the oven to avoid splatters happening or cook in a waffle maker.
- Add Vinegar to soup bones when making broth or stock = more calcium
- Clean stainless-steel appliances with baby oil and dish soap
- Stop throwing out celery, clean and pay dry, separate the leaves from the rest and store in an airtight container, it lasts at least 3 times longer.
- Detox garbage by using lemons or limes
Join the conversation