Aromatherapy is a versatile therapy which use essential oils as a therapeutic agents to improve one’s health or mood. The sense of smell can be used through fragrances to create an uplifting environment. Designer Nike Onile has 4 methods to help you to curate your personal aroma palette.
Eliminating impurities and unwanted smells is important before curating your domestic aroma palette. It’s always best to do it naturally. Try opening windows, cleaning with vinegar and lemon, activated charcoal, active purification such as an air purifier.
Essential Oils and Diffusers
Pick me-ups are best in morning and during working hours and parts of home where this a lot of action like the kitchen or office.
- Citrus = Energizing
- Rosemary, Peppermint, Bergamot = Revitalizing
- Cedarwood, Clove, Sage = Awakening
Relaxation inspired oils are best in the evening, before bed and in the bedroom.
- Lavender, Chamomile, Geranium = Tension Reducing
- Grapefruit, Frankincense, Sandalwood = Grounding and Present Moment
- Cinnamon, Orange peel = Unwinding/Harmonizing
- Eucalyptus, Balsam oil = Purifying
Healthy and Natural Based Candles
Soy, Coconut + Beeswax based
- Main benefits of burning clean candles is that they are not paraffin or petroleum based, no smoke and some allergen dust and dander eliminating.
- Aromatherapy Candles: Detox, Re-Charge, Recovery, Deep Sleep + De-stress.
- Cost Effective Option – Favourite essential oil in odourless candle.
Dryer balls, linen and fabric spray are great because it infuses aromas into fabrics the are close to you all day long and as you sleep.
Baking bread, brewing coffee, simmering a pot of your favourite aromatics such as eucalyptus, lemon, lavender, cinnamon are all naturally cleansing.
The key is to play around and see what aromas work well with you. It is just like listening to new music or tasting new food!
Join the conversation