Believe it or not – the sweater vest has made a comeback.
Yes, you read that correctly!
They’re a great way to add an interesting element to your classic looks for the office or for the everyday. By adding a sweater vest to your ensemble you have added an element of ‘fall’ , and interesting layers for warmth. Plus, the piece can help you make your summer wardrobe, seasonally appropriate.
When I find a trend, I need to find a way to make it myself. So, i’m going to show you how simple and fast it is to make your very own sweater vest!
- A sweater
- Pair of scissors
- Fabric glue or needle and thread
There are a few things to consider when picking your sweater, do you want an oversized vest look? Would you like a turtle-neck vest, or would you prefer a boat neck? Another option is you can use a cardigan, so you have a button up sweater vest.
1. Lay flat, and cut off the arms
2. Pull your sweater inside out
3. Fold over about an inch all the way around
4. Iron the fold down flat
5. You can glue or hand or machine stitch, you know me though, glue is the way to go
And that’s it!
Join the conversation