If you’re looking to add a water feature in your garden on a budget, you’re in the right place!
You will need:
- An old lamp, one specifically with a glass shade
- Wire cutters
- Disassemble the lamp by unscrewing each segment. It should come apart easily as there is a centre stake that holds the components all together.
- Remove the wiring and any electric components, cut the wire out of the lamp using wire cutters. Remove the plug at the bottom.
- Using the base and the centre rod, reassemble the light in any configuration ensuring that the glass shade is flipped at the top of the structure.
- Seal the connection between the glass shade and the post using clear sealant so that the dish can hold water. Wait overnight before adding water.
- And voila! I’ll stick it in my garden and wait for the birds! But don’t forget to switch out the water every so often. Add rocks/gravel for butterflies and bees to enjoy!
Safety Tip: Make sure the lamp is unplugged before taking out all of the electrical segments.
Join the conversation