Today is National Coffee Day, and we’re jumping on the tech bandwagon with the latest in Coffee Technology.
These days, coffee is far more than a commodity. Coffee is considered to be an artisanal food just like wine; where the coffee produced is the ultimate taste experience. Creating that art is an end-to-end process, that starts with the coffee bean, continues with the brewing methods, and then focused heavily on the technology found inside the machine!
I’ll admit that it can be hard to beat an exceptionally made coffee created by a commercial espresso machine in your favourite cafe. But there are some incredible options available now that will get us REALLY CLOSE to that amazing aroma, taste, full-bodied flavor, and that silky velvety mouthfeel.
Here is everything you need to be your own barista at home.
Starting with the bean and the machine:
First things first, when it comes to the bean know the quality, preferred roast/taste/flavour, region, and most importantly are they ethically sourced? Once you’ve landed on your bean, move on to the machine and get creative!!
- Barista-quality performance with a new intuitive interface that provides all the information you need to create specialty coffee at home.
- a built-in grinder delivers the right amount of ground coffee on demand
- 3-second heat-up time
- precise espresso extraction, faster than ever
- The manual milk texturing feature will let you achieve that foolproof latte art!
A coffee grinder is up next. Kitchenaid is bringing the cafe to your countertop.
- Designed for your perfect grind, every time. This KitchenAid® Burr Coffee Grinder achieves exceptionally consistent grind sizes for all brew methods from French Press to Espresso and so much more, with 70 precise settings.
- Enjoy espressos, lattes, and cappuccinos, just the way you like
- Compact and great for everyday use
- This is the first residential espresso machine that features dual, smart temperature sensors, that maintain the perfect brewing temperature
- The fast-heating thermocoil technology heats water up to the ideal brewing temperature in less than 45 seconds.
- And, the low-pressure pre-infusion and 15-bar Italian pump work together to make a deliciously rich, thick crema.
- The Automatic Milk Frother Attachment attaches to the KitchenAid® Semi-Automatic Espresso Machine and prepares milk for delicious lattes and cappuccinos.
For a cold brew at home:
- The Ninja Hot and Cold Brew System offers a vast array of coffee and tea options, including smooth, naturally sweet cold brew in as little as 10 minutes and frothy chai lattes and cappuccinos
There are also appts to take your coffee experience to the next level.
- Th3rdwave and Beanhunter – coffee directory and community. Discover new cafes in your area, collect all of your coffee loyalty cards in one, order coffee the way you like it
- The Great Coffee App – recipes on popular espresso-based drinks
Join the conversation