As we slowly, but surely, start bringing makeup back into our lives, some days more than others, we’re looking to the runways, celebs, and some of our favourite makeup pros to guide us. There are so many fun make-up trends for this season!
If there is any lip colour that is universally flattering, it is plum. If you’re looking for a fresh take on the holiday lip, a pretty purple feels unexpected but still seasonal. Wear it sheer or glossy for a fresh look or saturated with a coordinated plum eyeliner.
TIP: Pro tips – prep your lips first. Don’t skip the lip scrub and lip balm, even the mattest colours will go on like silk.
Metallic smoky eye
The smoky eye trend is not going anywhere but this season the current take involves extra colours and
Get the look:
- Apply a cream shadow or concealer first for maximum pigment.
- Use your finger instead of a brush for maximum pigment payoff.
- Use liquid metallic or glittery eyeshadow in the centre of the eyelid for a metallic pop.
- Add a glitter formula as the final pop of glam on top of your favourite eyeshadow.
Bold under eyeliner
This year we flipped everything we knew about eyeliner and put the focus on the bottom lash line.
Create the look:
- Flip the cat eye on its head to create a super sharp, elongated shadow along the bottom lashes.
- Rather than taking a smoky approach, the lines are kept angular and sharp to define the eyes.
- Draw a straight line under the eye from the inner corner outward but not quite into a wing. To create a colourful look apply a colour eyeshadow on top of it.
The 90s are back! We welcome back the grunge eyeliner, but luckily, it’s also a bit cleaner, more precise, and definitely more wearable for 2021.
Create the look:
- Use a creamy eyeliner, trace the pencil around the eyes and then buff and blend for the easiest smoky
eye ever. The creamy the pencil, the better.
- Apply lots of mascara to anchor the look. Pop some lashes for maximum effect.
Join the conversation