#1 Structured coats for a work look
- I love that this coat from a brand named My Coat is Blue which is Canadian is a Black-Woman-owned business!
- The coats are produced upon order, which eliminates any overstock and made to order right here in Toronto, keeping it local and of course a low-carbon advantage.
- When you wear this coat, you don’t really need to wear anything else.
- You can put it over a pair of jeans and look like you walked off a magazine, over a pencil coat, anything you’ll look like a million bucks!
#2 Faux fur coats for drinks on the outdoor patio
- White faux fur coat fromWinners
- Grey sweater, black jumpsuit, black chunky boots, grey ear muffs, and preloved Mitts
- Faux fur is really in trend this season, I feel like we typically style it for a night out, but I love wearing it for a casual look.
- Heading for drinks on an outdoor patio? Reach for your faux/fur coat
- Faux is always in trend
- Post pandemic vibe, elevating your casual look with a luxe piece
#3 Plaid coat for a party look
- Embrace the plaid pattern and have some fun.
- For this look, I have a blue plaid long coat styled with plaid heels and a party dress.
- Sometimes plaid can feel conservative, thinking school uniforms, I think of my uncle John in his plaid pants at Christmas, very traditional.
- Very light red detail in the coat picks up on the red detail in the shoes.
#4 Puffer coats for a sporty look
- Blank Verse puffer green coat
- I love this particular one, from a BIPOC owned Canadian company, and they’re made of post-consumer waste and all their pieces are unisex which cuts down on production.
- I’ve paired it with an H&M Sport Teddy coat which is also made from post-consumer waste
- The red mitts are from Soia & Kyo
#5 Monochromatic outfits with bright coats for a fun day out
Join the conversation