If you are looking for what is hot right now, it is time now for my winter trends must-haves!
Trend 1: At home mixologist with a WOW factor
- Flavour Blaster is an at-home accessory for your bar.
- Given we have been home a lot recently, there is a trend where self-made, self-proclaimed mixologists are trying to create some theatre at their own home bar. Flavour Blaster is the coolest accessory to impress!
- Flavour Blaster infuses any food or drink of your choice with an aromatic flavour bubble
- The innovative technology within the device creates decorative bubbles and aroma clouds, perfect for a theatrical serve.
Trend 2: Fall Sangria with my favourite Canadian Wines
- The IT drink of the moment is Sangria—but what makes this such a fun drink…is focusing on all the Fall flavours.
- Sangria is so perfect because it is great for sharing amongst friends and family and has so many flavour profiles—making it a perfect Fall drink.
- My two favourite local Canadian wines are perfect to make this drink
- Inniskillin is Canada’s original estate wine—and they have a white wine that is so perfect for an Apple Pie Sangria
- Use 2-3 varieties of Green and Red Apples, Cinnamon sticks, and some pomegranate seeds for colour
- Jackson-Triggs is Canada’s most awarded winery—and I love their red wine for a Stone Fruit Sangria
- Peaches, Pear, Vanilla Beans, Nectarine, Apricots, Cherries—flavours that are perfect for Fall.
- This superfood pancake mix is brand new
- Flavours come in matcha, original, and chocolate
- It has pre-biotic banana flour, coconut flour, and oat flour
- Very high in fibre
- Tastes and feels like a real pancake
Trend 4: Barumba Play
- Founded by a Canadian mom during the pandemic who was watching her kids play but without engagement in the activity
- Created foam blocks that can be made into many different configurations from couches to castles
- The blocks are super soft and the kids can be creative and build without missing all of the cushions off of your couch
Trend 5: Give your kids a new way to “play” with Backyard League
- Parents are always fighting to get their kids off their phones, Xboxes, or other gaming devices.
- Backyard League combines baseball and gaming into a real-world arcade game with real players.
- Play it anywhere, anytime. There are always players out there to compete with.
- The game uses a special baseball that connects to an app.
- When engaging in outdoor or indoor games—the ball will “talk” to the app and keep score, stats, metrics for you.
Trend 6: Fall fashion with Canada’s own: Sophie-Grace
- SophieGrace, a Canadian brand that brings together work and play.
- Women often struggle with the right pieces to put together for work and for the weekend.
- SophieGrace was launched by a local Canadian woman a couple of months before the pandemic and its collection mixes and matches classic looks good on everyone pieces without any need to overthink.
- The Hamilton pant solves the age-old issue for women of finding THE PERFECT BLACK PANT!
- The pant offers the comfort of an elastic waist and the elegance of a dress pant with a good amount of stretch for comfort.
- Wear these to the office, but then you can transition with a sweatshirt and sneakers—for the weekend.
- Ruth top is a classic staple for every Fall wardrobe. Pair it with a blazer on serious days or a leather jacket for something a little more fun.
- Sophie Grace also gives back with their Equal Pay scarf is perfect for a Fall Day.
- $50 from the purchase of every scarf is reinvested in microloans so female entrepreneurs can launch and become their own boss!
Join the conversation