The kids are back in school, but that doesn’t mean the fun and games have to end! Toy insider Laurie Schacht has done the research and found some amazing toys the kids will love (and learn).
Explore exciting new ways for kids to learn with the LeapStart Learning Success Bundle interactive system.
- Activities that include games, puzzles, and creative challenges enhance learning to help kids build math, reading, problem-solving skills, and more.
- Many replayable activities have two levels with 50+ key skills per grade level, so kids can play and learn at the right level and move up when they’re ready.
- It can be taken on the go using the carrying handle.
- Ages: 2+
- MSRP: $59.99 CAD
- Available: Amazon.ca, Indigo.ca
Round up Woody, Buzz, Jesse, and more — it’s time to play and learn!
- The Toy Story Tablet is packed with games, apps, and eBooks that have all been handpicked with kids in mind.
- Play and learn with Lightning McQueen, Mater, and more of kids’ favorite Cars characters.
- Ages: 5+
- MSRP: $99.99
- Available: Target.com
- MSRP: $129.98 CAD
- Available: September at Walmart.ca, Bestbuy.ca
Inspired by the Pokémon GO app, kids will be able to play with cards featuring photorealistic artwork and unique gameplay scenarios.
- Certain cards illustrate Pokémon as if they have jumped out into the real world, while other cards portray Pokémon in scenes that are familiar to the mobile game.
- In addition, objects and characters from the world of Pokémon GO will appear as Trainer cards, such as a PokéStop and Lure Module, as well as Spark of Team Instinct, Blanche of Team Mystic and Candela of Team Valor.
- Ages: 6+
- MSRP: $49.99 CAD
- Available: Major retailers
This pack features some returning favourites and some new Heroes of Goo Jit Zu characters all with new ultra-powered styling and transforming goo.
- Crush Blazagon’s core for an instant colour burst effect that changes from yellow to red.
- Rockjaw’s green goo magically transforms to purple water beads.
- Goo Jit Zu’s newest and first ever female character.
- Bengal, is filled with a transparent goo that turns a fierce red when her core is crushed.
- Ages: 4+
- MSRP: $17.99 CAD
- Available: Walmart, TRU, Amazon
Fashion Fidgets are dolls that feature three or four fidgets per dolls!
- There are 10 fidget features, including spinners, pop-its, soft press, gears, switches, joysticks, monkey hair, phone wires, and more.
- There are 18 dolls to collect in series one.
- Each doll comes with a keychain to attach to a backpack.
- Ages: 5+
- MSRP: $9.99
- Available: Walmart
60 pieces of glow in the dark décor pieces to place around a child’s room, soothing and helping them sleep at night.
- The decor includes fairies, unicorns, stars, hearts, clouds, and a moon that kids can place around their room.
- The kit comes with adhesive to stick the durable plastic decor pieces to walls, ceiling, mirrors, furniture, and more.
- Easy sticky adhesive putty makes it easy and mess-free for kids to stick on the wall.
- Ages: 6+
- MSRP: $11.99
- Available: Amazon, PLBFUN.com
- MSRP: $9.99 CAD
- Available: Amazon
Build six awesome bots that move without any batteries or electricity all you need is WIND!.
- Kids can assemble six models, one at a time, from more than 130 pieces.
- To make them all go, the kit also includes the pieces to build a hand-powered wind generator.
- As kids build and experiment, they will learn about how gears transmit power and torque. Also about wind as a power-generating technology — past, present, and future.
- Ages: 8+
- MSRP: $46.00 CAD
- Available: Indigo, Calendar Club Canada, specialty stores
Turn your play space into the ultimate Play-Doh ice cream truck party!
- The ultimate ice cream truck playset is a life size kitchen set that gives kids a big space to express their big imaginations.
- There are 27 tools and soft-serve station, customize the creations with the sprinkle maker, tools, and candy molds, and check out customers at the register.
- Ages: 3+
- MSRP: $94.99
Join the conversation