Effortless dressing looks luxurious but laid-back — with the perfect mix of sleek and simple. It’s a look that anyone can master. Truly. Fashion expert Julianne Costigan has the tips for embracing the style.
- Don’t be afraid to layer your outfits, the key to layering is keeping your first layers simple and clean. A great option for this is a turtleneck, or bodysuit and classic denim.
- Keep it fun and add an extra element to your outfit by layering a patterned sweater over your outerwear
- A trench coat is a classic staple to bring you straight into fall without overheating
- Keep to three colourways within your outfit
- The best-selling cropped boot-cut silhouette is designed with a comfortable contour waistband that’s form-fitting at the top and tapers out from the knee
- Crafted from extra-comfortable stretch denim in a true blue indigo wash
- Round neck long sleeve sweater.
- Side vents at hem
- Lapel collar trench with long sleeves and button tab cuffs
- Front welt pockets
- Heeled slingback pumps
- Raised detail at front
- Long-sleeved turtleneck top in ribbed cotton jersey
- Keeping your look tailored and effortless starts with sticking to classic patterns
- Mixing textures and fabrics is an easy way to evaluate your outfit and add dimension
- Keeping accessories and footwear monochromatic is one tip that always makes outfits come together
- Add a belt with either a pop of pattern or standout hardware to finish off your look with a polished touch
- Saunter into spring and summer with this luxurious maxi skirt, crafted from silk charmeuse fabric, beloved for its softness and sumptuous shine.
- Sculpted yet shapely with shoulder pads and a nipped-in, darted waist, this wool blend blazer strikes a charming balance between masculine and feminine designs complete with meticulous houndstooth detailing
- A sleek stiletto heel brings bewitching allure to a pump crafted with a pointy toe and a minimalist silhouette for easy-to-wear versatility.
- Sumptuously soft, lambskin suede adorns this fabulous clutch, complete with deep gold signature hardware and a removable strap to wear the mini as a crossbody bag when the occasion calls.
- A classic sweater with a twist, a warm silhouette with a slightly flared fit through the body for a more modern shape made from fine Merino wool.
- Having a full suit in your wardrobe is an essential part to elevate your wardrobe.
- Focus on buying fewer pieces, but quality pieces.
- When buying a suit keep in mind the fit and fabrics to ensure the suit is tailored to your body.
- Opt for pinstripe to make a classic suit feel elevated and unique from other blazers within your wardrobe.
- Having pieces that can be worn as separates or together, can give versatility whether you are dressing the suit up or going for a more casual look.
- Mastering effortless style doesn’t stop at your clothing! Complete the look with a fun and functional shoe.
- Jacket made of viscose blend fabric
- Lapel collar and long sleeves
- High-waisted pants made of viscose blend fabric
- Side pockets and back false welt pockets
- Basic cropped knit in multiple different colours and variations
- Lace-up closure
- Leather and suede lining in black
- Dresses are your best friend when it comes to effortless dressing.
- When it comes to dressing with minimal fuss throwing on a one-piece outfit and feeling immediately stylish and polished is an easy way to take away the stress.
- Choose colours, patterns and silhouettes that compliment your skin tones and best highlight your body’s best assets. I love this option from Ba&sh!
- Less is always more – if layering isn’t for you, I love tying a sweater around my shoulders, this is the ultimate look of effortless dressing.
- This midi dress has a V-neckline with a short ruffle around the collar and short and elasticated sleeves with a balloon shape.
- In soft, flowing fabric with a colourful paisley print.
- Soft, knit sweater with wool content.
- Round neckline, dropped shoulders, and long sleeves.
- The CAITLIN heeled ankle boots combine glamour with American western influences for ultra-trendy style.
- Their pointy toe and stiletto heel flatter the figure while the tone-on-tone motifs and topstitching add originality.
- A stylish finishing touch to any outfit.
- This wide belt in subtly-grained leather for an authentic effect has a large, twisted silver metal buckle.
Julianne Costigan’s Look
- Decidedly tailored and one of our most sought-after silhouettes, this pouf sleeve stretch blazer features a cut-away hem to showcase its matching waistcoat.
- Decidedly tailored, this single-breasted stretch waistcoat covers the hip and features a deep V-neckline that is bra-friendly.
- Mid-rise and full-length, this stretch pant is fitted through the waist, hips and thighs, and features an elongating bootcut silhouette.
Join the conversation