(the “Official Rules”)
CITYLINE DREAM VACATION GIVEAWAY
These Official Rules govern the Contest. By participating or attempting to participate in the Contest, you will be deemed to have read, understood, and agreed to be bound by these Official Rules.
- WHO ARE THE SPONSORS?
The Contest is sponsored and administered by Rogers Communications Inc. or one of its subsidiaries or affiliates (“Rogers”) on behalf of Cityline.
The following entity is a prize provider solely with respect to the Vacation Package as described in Section 8 below: The Walt Disney Company (Canada) Ltd. (“Prize Provider”).
Rogers and any co-sponsors of the Contest are referred to collectively or individually as the “Sponsors”.
This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with any third party social media or social networking service or site (each a “Third Party Service”), including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram and/or Twitter. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Contest should be directed to Rogers and not to any Third Party Service.
- WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO ENTER?
To be eligible to enter this Contest, an individual must be:
- a legal resident of Canada (excluding Quebec) who has reached the age of majority as of the date of entry.
Employees, officers, directors, agents, and representatives of the Sponsors, Prize Provider or any of their respective parents, subsidiaries or affiliates, any prize suppliers, any and all other companies associated with the Contest, a household member of any of the individuals listed above, whether or not related or members of the immediate family (spouse, parent, child, sibling) of the individuals listed above are not eligible to enter.
- WHEN DOES THE CONTEST START/END?
You may enter the Contest between 10:00 a.m. EST on June 5 and 9:50 a.m. EST on July 14, 2023 (“Entry Period”).
- HOW DO I ENTER THE CONTEST?
No purchase is necessary to enter the Contest. Enter using the method of entry outlined below. No entries will be accepted by any other means.
Go to https://www.cityline.tv/2023/06/01/win-vacation-cityline/ (the “Contest Website”) during the Entry Period, click on the Contest banners, buttons or links to access the online entry form for the Contest and complete and submit a video and the online entry form as instructed during the Entry Period.
Finalists must be available to appear in person on air in Toronto at Cityline on September 14, 2023.
- HOW MANY TIMES MAY I ENTER THE CONTEST?
There is a limit of one online entry per person per person/email address. By way of illustration, if two or more otherwise eligible individuals share a single email address, only one of them may enter the Contest; and, if an eligible individual has multiple email addresses, they may only enter the Contest once in respect of only one of those email addresses. In the case of multiple entries, only the first eligible entry will be considered.
In the case of multiple entries into a contest with defined entry limitations, only the first eligible entry will be considered.
- COULD MY ENTRY BE REFUSED OR REJECTED?
Your entry could be refused or rejected if:
- you attempt to enter the Contest in a fashion not authorized by these Official Rules;
- your entry contains false or misleading information, or is late, falsified, illegible, damaged or incomplete or otherwise irregular;
- your entry is submitted using robotic, automated, programmed, or other illicit means; or
- your entry is not in compliance with these Official Rules.
The Sponsors reserve the right to refuse any entry for any other reason as they may determine.
- WHAT ARE THE CONDITIONS OF ENTRY?
By entering the Contest:
- you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of the Sponsors, which decisions are final, binding and conclusive;
- you represent and warrant that: (i) your entry, including any material comprising your entry (e.g. name, user name, profile picture, etc., as applicable) and any material submitted with your entry (e.g. photograph, video, written submission, or other form of submission, as applicable) (all such material, collectively, the “Entry Material”) is original to you, (ii) you have all necessary rights in and to your Entry Material to enter the Contest, including the consent of any third parties whose personal information is included in your Entry Material, and (iii) your Entry Material does not contain, depict, include or involve content that is, or could reasonably be considered to be, inappropriate, unsuitable or offensive, as determined by the Sponsors;
- you understand and agree that your entry, including your Entry Material, will not be returned to you and may be moderated or edited by Rogers as it deems appropriate;
- you grant to the Sponsors the irrevocable right to use your Entry Material in any media worldwide and for any purpose related to the Contest (or any similar contest), including the right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, translate, or create derivative works from, your Entry Material without notification, compensation or additional consideration to you;
- you waive all claims of moral rights in any use of your Entry Material by Rogers pursuant to the rights granted in these Official Rules; and
- you waive and forever discharge the Sponsors, Prize Provider, their respective parents, affiliates, and subsidiaries, any other companies associated with the Contest, and all of their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, representatives, licensees, successors and assigns, as well as any Third Party Services, (collectively, the “Releasees”), and agree to indemnify and hold harmless each of the Releasees, from and against any and all claims, damages or liability, including any costs or losses related to personal injury, death, damage to or loss or destruction of property, arising out of, or in any way related to, (i) your participation in the Contest, (ii) the awarding, receipt, possession, use or misuse of any prize, in whole or in part, including participating in travel or any activity related to the prize, (iii) the use of any Entry Material or Publicity Material (defined below) in accordance with the rights granted in these Official Rules, or (iv) any breach of these Official Rules.
- Finalists must be available to appear in person on air in Toronto at Cityline on September 14, 2023 and are responsible for their travel accommodations if applicable.
- WHAT ARE THE CONTEST PRIZES?
There is one (1) prize (the “Vacation Package”) available to be won in the Contest, consisting of a 4-night/5-day vacation to the Disneyland Resort in California for the winner and up to three (3) guests (each a “Guest”; collectively “Guests”; and, together with the winner, the “Group”). The Vacation Package will consist of the following:
The Disneyland Resort vacation shall consist of the following:
- Up to four (4) round-trip coach airfares between the major gateway airport closest to the winner’s residence in Canada (the “Departure Airport”) and a Southern California airport (the “Arrival Airport”) as chosen by Prize Provider (with possible layovers) on a Prize Provider-selected carrier.
- Up to four (4) round-trip ground transfers for the Group between the Arrival Airport and the Disneyland Resort (ground transfers to be selected by Disney in its discretion).
- Room accommodations consisting of one (1) standard room (with a maximum of four (4) persons per room) for four (4) consecutive nights at a Disneyland Resort hotel or Disneyland Resort area hotel selected by Prize Provider in its sole discretion (parking at the Disneyland Resort hotel or Disneyland Resort area hotel is not included).
- Up to four (4) 5-Day Theme Park Tickets with Park Hopper
- One (1) Disney Gift Card in the amount of six hundred U.S. dollars (USD$600.00) for the winner.
Items not included as part of the Vacation Package, which are the responsibility of the winner, include: meals; transportation from/to winner’s residence to/from the Departure Airport; baggage fees; travel, health and medical insurance; parking fees; room service, laundry service, spa treatments; food or beverages; local and long distance telephone calls; merchandise and souvenirs; incidental expenses; tips, gratuities, service charges; income and other taxes; and all other costs and expenses not otherwise mentioned herein.
The Vacation Package is valued at approximately ten thousand, four hundred eighteen and 79/100 Canadian dollars (CDN $10,418.79) (the “ARV”). The actual value of the Vacation Package may vary depending on point of departure, seasonal fluctuations of hotel rates and airfares, and fluctuations in the currency exchange rates for U.S. Dollars. Any difference between the approximate retail value and the actual cost of the Vacation Package will not be awarded.
The following terms and conditions apply to any Vacation Package awarded in this Contest:
- Vacation Package must be taken between December 13, 2023 and June 13, 2024. Departure date and accommodations are subject to availability; certain restrictions and block-out dates may apply.
- Vacation Package is for the winner and up to three (3) Guests of the winner’s choosing. The Group must travel together on the same itinerary, and air transportation must be round-trip from/to the same Departure Airport/Arrival Airport, as chosen by Prize Provider. Once selected by the winner, Guests cannot be changed without the express consent of Prize Provider, which may be withheld for any reason.
- Guests under the legal age of majority must be accompanied by a parent/legal guardian who must be the legal age of majority in their province or territory of residence and both will be deemed Guests of the winner (unless the winner is the Guest’s parent or legal guardian).
- Vacation Package fulfillment and travel are subject to certain restrictions, air travel/flight availability, and certain hotel/room availability. The Vacation Package must be booked through a travel agent as designated by Prize Provider at least forty-five (45) days prior to arrival. Block out dates apply. No extensions will be granted. Certain travel and lodging restrictions apply including airline carrier’s regulations and conditions. Airline tickets are non-refundable, non-transferable, and are not valid for upgrades. Sponsors and Prize Provider are not liable for any expenses incurred as a consequence of flight cancellation/delay.
- Any damaged, lost or stolen airline tickets, theme park tickets, travel vouchers or gift cards will not be replaced. Gift cards are not redeemable or exchangeable for cash (except as required by law) and are subject to all terms and conditions of use as established by issuer.
- Vacation Package and Vacation Package components may not be used in conjunction with any other promotion or offer, sold, traded, transferred, refunded, commissioned or redeemed for cash or rescheduled to dates other than as set forth above.
- Winner and their Guests are responsible for having valid travel documents including government-issued identification and/or passports, as applicable.
- An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. By accepting and using the Vacation Package and visiting the Disneyland Resort, the winner and Guests voluntarily assume all risks related in any way to exposure to COVID-19, and any other communicable or infectious disease. The winner and Guests must comply with all theme park rules and regulations, including any public health restrictions. Failure to do so may result in forfeiture of such portion(s) of the Vacation Package. Disney reserves the right to remove or deny entry to the winner and/or any of the Guests who do not comply with any health restrictions imposed by any government, or Disney. The winner and Guests are also responsible for understanding and complying with any COVID-19 travel restrictions. Before visiting, each Guest should visit https://disneyland.com/updates to view important information about park reservations, limitations on benefits, features, experiences and offerings, safety measures and other information regarding the Disneyland Resort.
- Officers, directors, and employees (and members of their household or immediate family, i.e., parents, children, spouse, siblings, grandparents, the “steps” of each and persons residing in such immediate family members’ household) of Sponsor, Prize Provider, their respective parent, related, affiliated and subsidiary companies, their advertising, promotion and web design agencies, all other entities involved in the creation, administration, or fulfillment of the Contest and their respective successors and assigns are not eligible to enter or win.
- The winner and Guests will be required to execute a liability/publicity/COVID-19 release and waiver form prior to booking of any travel. The winner and Guests may be required to execute and return, where legal, publicity releases, which must be returned with the verification documents requested of winner. Failure to return the executed releases within the specified time period will result in forfeiture of the Vacation Package.
- Prize Provider, its parent, subsidiary, related and affiliated companies and each of their respective officers, directors employees and agents shall be released and discharged by winner and guests from any and all legal claims, losses injuries, demands, damages, actions, and /or causes of actions which arise out of and/or in any way relate to the Vacation Package, the receipt, use and/or enjoyment of the Vacation Package, any prize related activity and/or the Promotions. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest promotional materials and the terms and conditions of the official rules, the official rules shall prevail and govern.
- All elements of the Vacation Package (including, without limitation, the theme park tickets) must be used by the Group on the same dates during the redemption of the Vacation Package. Any portion of the Vacation Package not accepted or used by winner will be forfeited.
- Theme parks, attractions and other offerings subject to availability, closures and change or cancellation without notice or liability. Park admission, offerings and ticket options are not guaranteed. Prize Provider reserves the right to cancel any offering.
- To visit the theme parks, both a theme park ticket and separate theme park reservation for the same theme park on the same date for each person in the Group ages 3 and up. Reservations are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until a reservation is finalized. A park reservation must be made for each day of entry.
- The Park Hopper Option includes same-day admission to more than one theme park on each day of your ticket. You must make a park reservation for the first theme park you plan to visit. After entering that first theme park, you will be able to visit the next theme park starting at 11:00 AM until each theme park’s regularly scheduled closure. The ability to visit a theme park is subject to the theme park’s capacity limitations. At this time, a park reservation is not required after the first theme park, however, reservation requires are subject to the change.
- The winner may not charge any Guest for participating in the Vacation Package. The Vacation Package is awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, expressed or implied, being provided by Sponsors or Prize Provider.
- The winner will not receive compensation for any element(s) of the Vacation Package (including, without limitation, theme park tickets) that any participant(s) is unable to use for any reason, and such unused portion(s) of the Vacation Package will be forfeited.
- If the winner chooses to bring less than the allotted number of Guests, the Vacation Package will be awarded in increments suitable for the actual number of Guest(s) with no substitute prize or compensation provided to the winner.
- Federal, provincial, state and local taxes relating to the prize are the responsibility of the winner.
- Any and all disputes, claims and causes of action against the Prize Provider arising out of or connected solely with the Vacation Package shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of California, and in the event of any dispute, winner and their Guest(s) irrevocably consent to the jurisdiction of the state and federal courts located in Orange County, California to resolve such disputes. Such claims shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and all such claims shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event to include attorneys’ fees.
- ARE THERE ANY PRIZE CONDITIONS?
All prize particulars will be determined by the Sponsors in their sole discretion. In addition to any prize conditions provided elsewhere in these Official Rules, any prize awarded in the Contest is subject to the following conditions:
- Except for gift cards, vouchers or cash prizes, the prize value in these Official Rules is approximate only. You will not be compensated if actual prize value is lower than the value quoted in these Official Rules;
- The Sponsors and Prize Provider reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to substitute a prize, in whole or in part, with a prize or prize component of equal or greater value if the prize or any component thereof cannot be awarded for any reason.
- The prize must be accepted as awarded and may not be transferred or resold, unless otherwise determined by the Sponsors and Prize Provider. The prize may not be exactly as advertised. The prize is provided “as is” without representation or warranty of any kind by the Sponsors or other Releasees; and
- Any unused portion of the prize, once awarded, will be deemed forfeited. A prize will not be replaced if lost, destroyed, mutilated or stolen and will not be replaced if not taken for any reason.
- The Releasees are not responsible for any delay or postponement, for any reason, of any aspect of the prize. Neither the confirmed winner nor any other person or entity will be compensated in the event of such delay or postponement;
- manufacturer’s standard warranty, if any, applies to the prize;
- Prize winner is solely responsible for reading and following all instructions, directions for use and warnings that are associated with each component of the applicable prize; and,
- None of the Releasees makes any representation or offers any warranty, express or implied, as to the quality or fitness of the prize awarded in connection with the Contest. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, the confirmed winner understands and acknowledges that he or she may not seek reimbursement or pursue any legal or equitable remedy from either the Sponsor or any of the Releasees should the prize fail to be fit for its purpose or is in any way unsatisfactory. For greater certainty and the avoidance of any doubt, by accepting the prize, the confirmed winner agrees to waive all recourse against the Releasees if the prize or a component thereof does not prove satisfactory, either in whole or in part.
- ARE THERE ANY COVID-19 CONSIDERATIONS?
In addition to any conditions provided elsewhere in these Official Rules, your entry in this Contest and any prize awarded may be subject to the following conditions:
- you agree to comply with all applicable orders, directives, guidelines, COVID-19 procedures, COVID-19 related bylaws, and public health and safety regulations issued by federal, provincial and municipal authorities. Such guidelines and bylaws include without limitation, vaccination, quarantine, requirements related to hand sanitation, self-isolation, social and physical distancing, and use of face coverings as may be applicable.
- as may be applicable, potential winner and any guest(s) of the winner, may be required to complete and pass a COVID-19 questionnaire, provide proof of full vaccination (Covid-19 vaccine series at to be completed at least 14 days before prize fulfilment) and provide proof COVID-19 testing result(s) (i.e. PCR or Antigen).
Due to present circumstances around COVID-19, if any of the prizes awarded in this Contest include namely but not limited to, tickets to concerts/shows, a meet and greet, an invitation to attend an event in person (“Event(s)”), the Events are subject to change. Venues and event organizers do implement safety requirements which you will need to accept and comply with in order to attend an Event. Sponsors assumes no liability for denied entry for any reason or for the cancellation, postponement or rescheduling of an Event. The winner and any guest(s) of the winner assume full liability for any risks incurred before, during and after the Event. Please check with the venue, event organizer or ticket provider for information prior to attending an Event.
- HOW WILL THE POTENTIAL WINNER(S) BE SELECTED?
On Thursday September 14th, 2023 at approximately 1pm in Toronto, Ontario, one (1) entrant will be selected as a potential winner by a panel of judges comprised of representatives of the Sponsors, based on the following criteria: Creativity/Originality of Entry Material (34%), Quality of Entry Material (33%), and Relevance of Entry Material to Contest theme (33%) (the “Criteria”). For each prize to be awarded pursuant to these Official Rules, one (1) entrant will be selected as a potential winner, based on the rank of entries as determined by the application of the Criteria, and notified using the information provided at the time of entry. In the event any potential winner does not respond to such notification within thirty (30) business days, declines a prize for any reason, or does not meet the requirements set forth in these Official Rules, as determined by the Sponsors, the potential winner will be disqualified and, time permitting, an alternate potential winner may be selected based on the next-ranking eligible entry. The decisions of the judges are final and binding and may not be challenged in any way.
Before being declared a winner, a selected entrant must:
- correctly answer, without assistance, a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question to be administered by the Sponsors;
- be in compliance with these Official Rules;
- sign and return, within any designated time period, a release of liability and consent to publicity form (the “Release Form”) and any other documentation as reasonably required. The Sponsors may require winner’s guest(s) to sign and return, within any designated time period, a Release Form and any other documentation as reasonably required, as a pre-condition to participation in the prize. In the event any guest is a minor, the parent or legal guardian of the guest will be required to sign and return such paperwork on behalf of the minor guest; and
- at the request of the Sponsors, provide proof of identification to confirm eligibility or to claim a prize, or provide proof that they are the authorized account holder of any account associated with the selected entry.
- WHAT ARE THE ODDS OF WINNING A PRIZE?
The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- HOW DO I CLAIM A PRIZE?
Once a potential winner is confirmed as a winner, prize distribution will be promptly coordinated. Except as otherwise indicated by the Sponsors, a winner must personally take delivery of the prize as instructed within thirty (30) days of being notified that such prize is available or within such other time period as may reasonably be advised. If a winner fails to take delivery of the prize as instructed, the prize will be deemed forfeited.
- WILL I APPEAR IN ANY PUBLICITY IF I AM A WINNER?
If you are a winner, the Sponsors may require you to appear in publicity related to the Contest or to any similar contest. By accepting a prize you:
- grant to the Sponsors the irrevocable right to record, photograph or otherwise capture or document you, your likeness, your voice, or any statements you make regarding the Contest or the prize, by any available means;
- agree that any such captured material, together with your biographical information, such as name or place of residence, or your Entry Material (collectively, all such materials, the “Publicity Material”) may be used by the Sponsors or their licensees, successors, or assigns (collectively, the “Publicity Parties”) in any media, whether now known or later devised, worldwide and in perpetuity, for advertising or promotional purposes related to the Contest or any similar contest. Any such use of the Publicity Material may include the reproduction, modification, adaptation, translation or creation of derivative works from your Entry Material;
- acknowledge that the Publicity Parties shall not be required to compensate you, notify you, or request your permission in connection with their use of any Publicity Material, unless otherwise prohibited by law; and
- waive any rights that you may have or that may otherwise exist in connection with any use of the Publicity Material by any of the Publicity Parties, including any moral rights in any such Publicity Material.
- HOW WIll MY PERSONAL INFORMATION be COLLECTED, USED AND DISCLOSED?
Your personal information may be disclosed to a third party in the following circumstances:
- in accordance with these Official Rules, or with your consent, or as otherwise permitted or required by law;
- you elect to receive Commercial Communications from a party other than Rogers;
- to coordinate the fulfillment or provision of the prize with the Prize Provider; and/or
- if you have been asked to sign and return a Release Form or other documentation in accordance with the terms of these Official Rules, Rogers may disclose your personal information to any interested party, such as an entity who is released from liability.
- HOW DO THE RELEASEES LIMIT THEIR LIABILITY?
The Releasees assume no liability for the following:
- stolen, late, incomplete, illegible, inaccurate, misdirected, lost, misrouted, scrambled, damaged, delayed, undelivered, mutilated, jumbled, or garbled entries, transmissions, email, mail, or other communications;
- any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in transmission, processing, or communication;
- failures or malfunctions of, or difficulties with, computer hardware or software, telephones, telephone lines, telephone systems, or network, cable, satellite, server, or website connections;
- printing, typographical, or other errors appearing within these Official Rules, in any Contest-related advertisements, or in Contest-related materials;
- incorrect or inaccurate information, including where caused by website users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated or used in connection with the Contest;
- injury or damage to any computer or other device resulting from or otherwise related to participation in the Contest, the use of any website, or the downloading or accessing of any materials;
- anyone being incorrectly or mistakenly identified as a winner or potential winner; and/or
- any other errors, problems or difficulties of any kind, whether human, mechanical, electronic, or otherwise, relating in any way to the Contest, including those errors, problems or difficulties that may relate to the administration of the Contest, the processing of entries, the advertising of the Contest, the announcement of any prize or prize winner, or the cancellation or postponement of any event.
Without limiting any of the foregoing, The Walt Disney Company (Canada) Ltd. is merely the prize provider of the Vacation Packages for the Contest, and neither it nor its parent, subsidiaries or affiliates are in any way responsible for the administration, execution or management of the Contest.
- WHAT LAWS APPLY TO THE CONTEST?
The Contest is subject to applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. Any attempt to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal or civil laws. Should any such attempt be made, the Sponsors reserve the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- CAN THE SPONSORS CANCEL OR AMEND THE CONTEST?
The Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel, modify, or suspend the Contest or amend these Official Rules at any time, for any reason whatsoever, subject to prior approval by the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux, if legally required.
You may not amend these Official Rules in any way.
- COULD THE SPONSORS DISQUALIFY OR BAN SOMEONE FROM A CONTEST?
The Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant from the Contest, or prevent any entrant from future participation in a contest, that has:
- resold or attempted to resell a prize, in whole or in part;
- tampered with or attempted to tamper with, or undermined or attempted to undermine, the legitimate operation of the Contest and/or the Contest Website;
- provided false or misleading information;
- acted in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any person; and/or
- otherwise violated these Official Rules.
- WHAT HAPPENS IF THESE OFFICIAL RULES CONTRADICT OTHER CONTEST MATERIALS?
In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between these Official Rules and disclosures or statements made by the Sponsors or appearing in other Contest-related materials, these Official Rules shall govern.
- WHAT HAPPENS IF PART OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BECOMES UNENFORCEABLE OR DOES NOT APPLY?
If any part of these Official Rules is legally unenforceable or inapplicable, then that part will be deemed invalid; however, the remainder of these Official Rules will otherwise continue to be legally binding.
Join the conversation