- 4 cups very ripe red tomatoes seeds removed and coarsely chopped
- 1 cup English cucumber peeled, seeded, and coarsely chopped
- 1 cup red onion peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 large red pepper seeded and coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves peeled and smashed
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 3 tbsp sherry vinegar
- 2 tbsp finely minced chives
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place all the chopped tomatoes, cucumber, onion, pepper & garlic in a bowl and season with salt and a splash of vinegar (the amount of salt will dictate how much liquid will be extracted, beware not to under season but do not make oversalty).
- Let sit at room temperature for at least ½ hr.
- Place all the vegetables in a high-speed blender and puree until smooth while adding vinegar and olive oil, taste for correct seasoning and strain one more time.
- Prepare a salsa by mixing all the salsa ingredients and placing it in the middle of a bowl full of soup, drizzle with olive oil and cilantro.
- Serve drizzled with olive oil, chives and perhaps some chopped fresh ripe tomatoes
Join the conversation