- 6 oz. Canadian Beef Striploin
- 2 stalks large broccoli stems on (florets cute and stems diced)
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 small cooking onion chopped
- 1 stalk Chinese chives
- 4 knobs salted butter
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp. oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp. canola oil
- 1 tsp. Chinese chili oil
- 1/2 tsp. soya sauce
- 1/2 stalk green onion finely chopped
- Microgreen of choice for a garnish
- In a small bowl, add all marinating ingredients in, mix thoroughly. Add in beef and cover thoroughly with marinade. Cover and refrigerate for at least 90 minutes to overnight.
- In a medium sized pot, bring to medium high heat, add ¾ of the butter and allow to melt. Add minced garlic followed by chopped onions and chives. Sauté and mix thoroughly allowing onions to sweat. Add in broccoli and sauté for 3-4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to preference. Add in vegetable stock and allow to simmer, cooking the broccoli to soft consistency.
- While broccoli is cooking, in a small pan, with a knob of butter in pan, sear marinated beef (best to pat dry beef first). Sear both sides, remove pan and finish in medium heat in the oven until cooked to medium rare (or personal preference). Remove from oven, allow meat to rest for 5 minutes.
- In a processer or blender, add sautéed broccoli in along with sour cream. Pulse until fully pureed. On a plate, brush a large dollop of broccoli puree. Slice beef and plate on top of the puree. Finish with a dash of salt and garnish with favourite micro green.
Join the conversation
What do you think?
Hide the conversation