- 1 large skin-on, washed, grated russet potato
- ½ pound (225 g) cubed kielbasa
- 3 large, lightly beaten eggs
- 1 cup (250 ml) grated old cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup (60 ml) diced tomato
- ¼ cup (60 ml) diced yellow onion
- 1 tsp (5 ml) dried parsley
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- ½ tsp (2 ml) black pepper
- ¼ tsp (1 ml) cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsps (30 ml) sour cream
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) finely chopped, fresh chives
Preheat a non-stick waffle iron. Place the grated potato in a fine-mesh strainer and squeeze out as much water as you can. Leave to drain for 10 minutes.
In a large bowl combine the grated potato, kielbasa, eggs, cheddar, tomato, onion, dried parsley, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper. Ladle half of the rösti mixture into the waffle iron and cook for 6 minutes, or until crispy. Repeat with the remaining mixture to make a second waffle.
To serve, top the Kielbasa Rösti Waffles with sour cream and a sprinkle of chives.
Join the conversation