- Mix all the spices and the oil in a bowl and incorporate with your hands until you have a paste-like mixture. Rub the mixture into your meat very well, massaging it to make sure the spices penetrate the meat.
- Put the meat into an oven safe dish and add in the excess rub mixture on top and around the meat (the rub will caramelize with the fat drippings and transform into a delicious gravy for your pulled pork).
- Pour in bottle of beer around the meat. Seal the open surface of your oven-safe dish well with aluminum foil.
- Roast for 3-4 hours at 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove the dish from the oven at the 3 hour mark and check to see if the meat is coming apart easily. If it is not, roast it for a little longer. Once it is cooked and easily comes apart, let cool and store in the refrigerator overnight.
- The following morning, take your pork out and skim the solidified fat from the top of the juices. Remove your pork and shred the pork using two forks. Add the shredded pork back into the dish with the drippings.
- Reheat your meat in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 10-15 minutes or on the stovetop in a frying pan. Keep warm until you are ready to assemble your burritos.
- Heat your flour tortillas:wrap 4 large flour tortillas in foil paper. Heat in the oven for 10 minutes at 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Make your egg crepes: whisk your eggs in a medium sized bowl. Add the milk and whisk until incorporated evenly. Heat a small round non-stick frying pan to medium heat and begin making your egg crepes, pouring about 2 eggs into your frying pan at a time using your eye to measure. These cook very fast so as soon as you see it bubble up it is ready to flip. Cook for about 1 and a half minutes per side. Keep warm while you make the rest of your egg crepes.
- Make the Avocado Cream:Blend avocado, lemon juice, and sour cream in a blender. Taste and salt as needed. Put in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Assemble your burritos: Lay out one tortilla on a large plate. Lay one of your egg crepes on top of the tortilla. Add a layer of pulled pork and use a spoon to drizzle some of the juices (but not too much or your tortilla will be very messy). Add optional toppings avocado cream, salsa and baked beans. Roll the tortilla and slice diagonally through the centre.
Join the conversation