24 hrs 18 min
15-18 mins cooking
- In a Kitchenaid mixing bowl blend sourdough starter, flour, maple syrup, salt and water for 3 minutes.
- The mixture should develop into a firm bread dough and come away from the bowl.
- Remove and put into a separate bowl with a splash of olive oil.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let double in size. (Should take a couple of hours) Fold each side into the middle. Now repeat.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the fridge and roll into long ropes 1 inch thick.
- Tear and roll around the hand, let rest.
- In a stockpot simmer honey and water.
- Poach the raw bagels for 1 minute each side.
- Remove and bake at 425 for 15 minutes. Remove and let rest on a rack.
- Cut in half, smoother in butter and enjoy.
Join the conversation