- Heat a large, deep skillet to medium-high heat and add the olive oil to the skillet.
- Add the onions, pepper and garlic to the skillet and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the sausage meat and break it apart using a spatula. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until the sausage meat is cooked through, about 6-8 minutes.
- Add the tomato sauce and stir to incorporate.
- Bring the sauce to a simmer and let it cook for about 5 minutes. Once the sauce is cooked, let it cool.
NOTE : I like to put the cooked sauce into a mason jar and seal it. Then let the sauce come to room temperature while the jar is standing on its lid (this helps to seal the sauce so it keeps longer in the fridge.) This Bolognese will last up to a week if kept in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Join the conversation