- Combine flour, salt and sugar in a large bowl or food processor. Add very cold butter and mix until crumbly. Pour the ice water in 1 tbsp. at a time until the dough forms. Roll in a ball and wrap in plastic wrap for 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 375F and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix all of the filling ingredients together (except the walnuts!) in a large bowl and mixed together until evenly coated. Roll out the dough in a circular shape, but the edges can be uneven for a rustic look.
- Place the apple mixture in a circle in the middle of the dough, leaving 2 inches of room on the edges.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until golden and bubbly!
- While the galette is baking, place sugar in a small pot over medium low heat. Stir and watch until it starts to turn yellow & amber (6-10 minutes). Remove from heat immediately and whisk in butter and cream. Then sprinkle in salt and place in a jar or bowl. Once the galette is cooked, drizzle on the salted caramel and toasted walnuts. Let sit for 10 minutes before cutting.
Join the conversation