- In a medium bowl, wish flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt
- In a small skillet, melt butter over medium heat
- In a second medium bowl, whisk together the cocoa powder, brown sugar and granulated sugar.
- Add the melted butter and whisk together. Whisk in the eggs one at a time until well combined.
- Stir in the peppermint extract and chocolate chips.
- Add the flour mixture and fold in until just combined.
- Do not over mix
- Chill the dough for at least one hour
- Heat the oven (with the rack in the middle position) to 350 F. Line two rimmed sheet pans with parchment paper
- Put the confectioners’ sugar into a medium bowl.
- Using a measuring tablespoon, scoop out a level spoonful of the dough into the palm of your hand and roll into a ball (dough will be sticky)
- Add to the confectioners’ sugar and roll it around to coat. Place on the prepared pan.
- Repeat, spacing the cookies about 2” apart; 12 cookies per pan.
- Bake the cookies one sheet pan at a time until puffed, 10 minutes (you want them to be a little under done)
- Place the sheet pan on a wire cooling rack and let the cookies cool in the pan for 10 minutes then transfer to the rack to cool
Recipe credit to jessicaseinfeld.com
Join the conversation